Inspiring Blogger Award!
What a great surprise! Lizbeth Wright has nominated me for the Inspiring Blogger Award. It means a lot to me to have people who read and comment on my work! Seriously, whether it’s compliments, constructive criticism, or just enjoyment, I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read my work. After all, I’m not writing to please only myself- I want to entertain the world! Thank you Lizbeth for not only the nomination, but your interest and continued support! As per the rules of the award, I will nominate not only Lizbeth for her wonderful blog but 14 other inspirational bloggers as well.
Here are the rules:
If you accept the nomination, thank the person who nominated you in a blog with a link to their blog. Tell your followers 7 things about yourself and then nominate 15 others for the award.
Seven Things About Myself
I am putting seven things most people probably don’t know about me, but it’s up to you what you put when you do yours.
1. I love listening to music from the 80’s/90’s! There are just so many original artists, and their music often inspires my creativity! Don’t be surprised to read a story that centers around 80’s/90’s pop culture!
2. Another inspiration for me is Marilyn Monroe. Besides her obvious talent and charm, her behind the scenes persona is intriguing. She had a lot of problems that modern therapy could have probably fixed, but sadly she did not have access to anything like that. She died way too young! But what inspires me is to live for her, to do all the things in film and life that she probably wished she could do. Like if she survived, she probably would’ve gone into directing. I hope to be as talented as her but live a full life as well!
3. When I was a teenager, I heard about Harry Potter and thought it was a silly little kid fad, like Sweet Valley High or Goosebumps. I read it as a joke because I was bored. The joke was on me though because I loved it! JK Rowling has probably had the biggest impact on my writing, not just my style either. It got me interested in the anthropology of people who can do magic-like what would a society of magic be like with jobs, school, and etc. That silly little kid fad made me a better writer-it’s magic made my stories more complex and definitely more interesting!
4. Humor is important to me. Not just in my writing, but I love to make the people around me laugh! And it’s often therapeutic to turn a negative situation into a stand-up routine, if that makes any sense at all!
5. I love chocolate! Seriously, days where I don’t have it kind of bum me out! If you ever can’t figure out what to get me for a gift, I’ll always need chocolate!
6. I consider myself a feminist because I believe everyone everywhere deserves to be treated equally. I also believe in pink and love to wear dresses and get my hair/make up done! Hey, it’s my choice, right?
7. I’m extremely loyal. If I consider you to be a friend, I will drop whatever I’m doing and go out of my way to help you. But if you mistreat me or anyone else who doesn’t deserve it, I have no problem dropping you! I have no room for negative people in my life!
15 Other Inspiring Bloggers
1. Lizbeth Wright Books http://lizbethwrightbooks.wordpress.com
2. Kenneth Zink | Composer http://kennethzinkmusic.wordpress.com
3. LOL Cats http://icanhascheezburger.com/ (they do have a wordpress)
4. We the People Project http://ewintwethepeople.wordpress.com/
5. The Spotlight Junkie http://thespotlightjunkie.wordpress.com/
6. Good Humored http://goodhumored.wordpress.com/
7. Humourous Dispassionate http://alsanda.wordpress.com/
8. The San Francisco Scene-seen! http://vonnscottbair.wordpress.com/
9. Greetings from England http://greetingsfromengland.wordpress.com/
10. Writerly Rants http://writerlyrants.wordpress.com/
11. Rainy Daze and Crazy Nights http://rainey46.wordpress.com/
12. Art2Die4 http://art2die4.wordpress.com/
13. New Author Publishing http://newauthorpublishing.wordpress.com/
14. The Idiot Speaketh http://redriverpak.wordpress.com/
15. The M0vie Blog http://them0vieblog.com/
Sorry I couldn’t link them. My computer is misbehaving and won’t let me for whatever reason. You can copy and paste the links if you’d like to check them out. If I put you up here, it’s either cuz you made me laugh or make me think. I know I just started following most of you, but I followed you for a very good reason! Next year, with my eventual exposure to new blogs, I hope to see you making my list again next year! And thanks again to Lizbeth Wright, who is a good friend and a very talented person! So, if any blogs have every entertained or informed you in any way, get nominating 🙂